The commitment is small but the reward is great. Help your community. Become a Waratah.
The Waratahs are the fundraising auxiliary for YDHS. Their primary objective is to raise money which enables YDHS to purchase special items and equipment. All funds are provided directly to YDHS and so stay in the local community for use by community members.
Significant fundraising projects by the Waratahs in recent years have enabled the purchase of:
- An electric recliner chair for our acute unit
- An outdoor setting for Planned Activity Group clients
- An exercise equipment trolley
- A cryotherapy unit
- An ECG machine
- An oxygen concentrator
- Specialised equipment for bariatric patients
- A spirometer
- A motorised medication trolley
- Chairs for St Elmo’s Nursing Home
Most fundraising takes place through events such as raffles and the popular cent afternoons, which are all supported by the public.
The Waratahs meet on the second Monday of each month at YDHS. Meetings are short and friendly and new members are always welcomed.