Community Nursing Services
At YDHS we provide a range of community nursing and care services (sometimes referred to as ‘district nursing’) to help members of the local community lead their healthiest lives and manage their healthcare needs within their own homes.
Our services include:
- Wound dressing
- Medication administering
- Personal hygiene assistance
- Chronic illness monitoring
- Palliative care services
- Limited postnatal visits
- Antenatal education on request
In addition to our home based services, we also provide:
- A foot care clinic held in the Yarram Medical centre three days each fortnight.
- A maternal and child health clinic held in the Yarram Hub weekly on every Wednesday and Friday.
- A continence advisory service at the YDHS campus.
The full cost of our services are subsidised by government. The out-of-pocket expense that you will need to pay is income tested against your circumstances. An invoice will be mailed to you after you receive the service. The table below outlines what level you will be subsidised at based on your income over the year.
|Greater than $86,208|
|Couple||Less than $59,802||Between $59,802 and $115,245||Greater than $115,245|
|Family (1 child)||Less than $66,009||Between $666,009 and $118,546||Greater than $118,546||Plus $6,206 per additional child|
For a list of fees relative to your subsidised level click on the link below.
All costs are provided per hour unless otherwise specified.
These fees are exempt from GST.